“FIRED HEATERS IN PRACTICE” TRAINING COURSE
Hilton Garden Inn, Sugar Land
(APRIL 10-12, 2018)
While the basic principles underlying fired heaters functionality in the oil industry remain unchanged, new hardware problem-solving, troubleshooting strategies, and modeling techniques continue to be developed. In three days you will address the essential fired heater concepts you’re likely to face in process support, operations, and design engineering. You will discover how to specify and select the most appropriate fired heater hardware. Plus, you’ll learn methods for optimizing heater operation and efficiency using some of today’s latest techniques.
Join fired heater expert, Ashutosh Garg, and get up-to-date on essential fired heaters concepts and developments and how to apply them to improve process support, operations, and design.
You will learn:
Fired heaters design considerations and guidelines
Techniques to overcome present heater limitation issues
Guidelines for specifying and purchasing the right hardware
Problem solving and troubleshooting of fired heater operating problems in the real word
Who should attend this course?
Technical Service Engineers
After the course, you will be able to:
Determine optimum operating conditions
Improve efficiency of your fired heaters
Improve run length of your units
fis training schools
We have been conducting technical seminars and training schools on various aspects of fired heaters, since May 1997. We have developed a special training program offering practical tips in a simple language. During this training, we cover the basics of fired heater equipment, combustion reaction and optimization operations. We also present actual case studies discussing various aspects of fired heaters operation and troubleshooting.
Hindustan Petroleum Company Limited- Mumbai, India
FIS was invited to conduct two training programs at HPCL Mumbai. The first training was for engineers and the second was for Operators. FIS got excellent results. The following is the opinion of some of the attendees.
• Very good program for enhancing the skills for both experienced as well as fresh operating crew
- Yusuf Patthawala
Reliance Engineering Ltd. - Mumbai, India
In 2010, FIS conducted two “Fired Heaters Training School” for more than 60 Engineers. The attendance response was excellent. Here are a few feedbacks:
• Contents of the presentation are simple to understand
- Sanjay P. Ghodke
IOCL – India
(November 2009 / April 2010 / August 2010)
FIS conducted a Training Programs for more than 25 Operators and Engineers on “Fired Heater Operation and Optimization” in November 2009 in Gurgaon India. Here are a few feedbacks:
• As a new PNE I got to know the different components of heaters, in detail and about some important efficiency improving steps.
- Abhishek Chatterjee-PNE
Phillips66 – North Lincolnshire, UK (December 2008)
FIS conducted a 2-day training program for 20 operators and engineers on “Fired Heater Training Course” in December 2008 for Phillips66 at Humber Refinery. Here are comments from our participants.
• As someone who had very limited knowledge of fired heaters the terminology, general design and general operating sections were very informative.
Hovensa - Virgin Islands
In August 2003, we conducted a two day training of about 30 operators and engineers at Hovensa, Virgin Islands. This was very well taken. Here is what the course participants said:
• “Flame pattern, saving of fuel and optimizing heater for perfect Oxygen and draft and troubleshooting interested me the most”
- Raymond William
Hovensa was very happy with the training results. Hovensa awarded FIS a repeat contract for training about 75 more operators over three one-day training sessions. This was conducted in June, 2004.
BASF - Port Arthur, TX
At BASF, Port Arthur, we conducted a one day training program on fired heaters operation, in Dec. 2002. This program was customized to cover their DP Reactor heater and Regeneration Gas Heater. About 40 Operators and Engineers attended the training program.
• “The training was valuable as most of the information presented was in reference to unit heaters within our facility”
- Bill Miller
Phillips66 – Houston, TX
We conducted a 2-day training program on “NOx reduction in Fired Heaters and Boilers” in July 2001 for Phillips66 at Houston. Here are a couple of feedbacks:
• “I wish I had this course a year ago; Discussion on levels of Burner NOx capabilities, information on vendor products, pitfalls to avoid and suggestions for revamps are the most valuable topics in the course”
- Andy Holman
Lyondell CITGO – Houston, TX
In 1999, Furnace Improvements conducted in-house training of more than 300 operators, 80 supervisors, and 25 engineers at Lyondell CITGO Refining Company (LCR), Houston, TX. This training was customized to address three major issues:
• Reliability and
• Efficient Operation of Fired Heaters and Boilers in the Refinery. LCR has almost 60-fired heaters and combustion equipment. The training was customized to the individual heaters in each unit. The training was very well received and operators felt very confident in tackling heater problems after the training. Here is what some of the participants said about training:
• The course increased my general heater knowledge and knowledge of heaters specifically designed for my unit
- Otho Miley, Crude Unit, LCR
Feedback from Clients
“Very Detailed Course”
- Ken Bosah, Phillips66
“The course was outstanding - beginning to end”. - D.G Shepard, Equilon Enterprises
“It was a good overview of heater design, operation and troubleshooting. I learnt plenty. The course gave me useful tools for evaluating our heater and specifying a new one”. - Timothy Cross, Georgia Gulf
“Understanding of technical issues regarding heater design and operation was very valuable to me”. - Mark Pierick, CITGO
“The technology of different heaters and burners in relationship to the energy savings and production were the most valuable in the course”. - Tillman, Lyondell CITGO
“Technical Information and real world examples” - Wayne Lowery, BP
“The relationship between design and actual conditions was excellent.” - Nicholas Faris, Motiva Enterprises
“All course material has been found to be valuable, reinforcing past experience.” - Attila Marcus, Flour Daniel, S. Africa
“A complete overall training of every aspect of Fired Heaters” -Bobby Coleman, Fina Oil and Chemical
“Great technical info. Effects of process variables on NOx and technology behind NOx reduction interested me most” - Heather Chuck, Amoco Petroleum